Thursday, October 21, 2010

Presentations...

So today I had to face one of my fears: presentations! I've found that presentations given to college professors are much more enjoyable than the type of presentation I gave tonight. We gave an informational presentation to our parents at the clinic about Therapeutic Listening, and the parents seemed very receptive. Minus a few technical glitches (as always), the presentation was a success.

Therapeutic Listening is a sensory-integration based, research-backed treatment technique that uses modulated music to affect multiple outcomes-- not just auditory goals. It's my new favorite specialty, mainly because of my longstanding passion for music and its therapeutic qualities. We've been using it at our clinic for 2 weeks since I've been certified, and I've seen remarkable outcomes already. Kids that used to fear movement are seeking it out, non-verbal kids imitating sounds... pretty cool stuff.

Check out www.vitallinks.com for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment